Death is the ultimate truth. We all have to accept it. But when this ultimate truth comes in an inauspicious moment ( Muhurta ) it occurs dosha.
There are three types of death related doshas.
1. Tithi Dosha
2. Nakshatra Dosha
3. Vaara/Day Dosha
Those are called Tripada Dosha.
1. #TITHI DOSHA
Dwitiya, Panchmi, Shasthi, Ashtami, Ekadashi, Dwadasi, Trayodashi , Chaturdasi, & Amavasya tithies are inauspicious for death, if somethione dies in these thithi, Trithi dosha occurs.
2. #Nakshatra Dosha
Nakshatra dosha occurs If a person dies under certain inauspicious nakshatras. Those inauspicious stars are Rohini, Mrigasira, Punarvasu, Magha, Uttara Phalguni, Chitra, Vishakha , Uttarashada, Dhanishta, Satabhisha, Purvabhadra, Revathi.
3. #Vaara / Day Dosha
Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday are considered as inauspicious for death. If a person dies in those days Vaara Dosha occurs.
If death occurs with only one dosha regarding ( Day / Tithi / Nakshatra ) it cis called #Ekpadadosha.
If death occurs with two dosha regarding ( Day / tithi / Nakshatra ) it is called #Dwipadadosha.
If death occurs with two dosha regarding ( Day / Tithi ? Nakshatra ), it is called #Tripadadosha.
Some Smritis offer the following Parihara.
If a death has only one dosha the family members should leave the house for 1 month.
If a death has two doshas the family members should leave the house for 6 months.
If a death has all the three types of doshams the family members should leave the house for 1 year.
I think this type of recommendation is given bcz of the fear of frequent death within one or six month or within a year.
But these are just impractical now a days and it cann’t be followed.
So other Pariharas should be followed to nullify Tripada Dosha which are easy and convenient.
1. #THILAHOMA : a simple tila homa can be performed in any river or seaside or in a holy places like Gaya, Kashi,Triveny Sangam, Rameshawaram, SrirangamAmma Mandapam etc. to dispel the evil effects of Tripad Dosha.
2. #PITRUTARPANPUJA (Shraddha Pooja) : Pitru tarpan puja needs to be done at home with 5 dolls made of Darbha (Kusha Grass) & White Cotton. Prana Prathistapana ritual (infuse life in the Dolls) ceremony of the 5 dolls needs to be performed. After Pooja, these 5 dolls should be buried in sand or mud near River or Sea shore.
3. Perform #Rudrabhisheka at home & offer food to ancestors.
4. Other regular shanti puja such as #NakshatraShanti pooja & #NavagrahaShanti Pooja can be done also to nullify the evil affect of dosha.
5. Perform #Mahamrityunjaya Homa/Japa at home after the above pooja’s are done.
6. Visit #Gokarna or other Pitru Parihara Sthalas and offer Sraddha.
All these recommended pariharas must be performed by a qualified and honest purohit.